May 30, 2018
It’s just a few days to go until the fair and we’re very excited to see the results of months of planning and organising – there are some old favourites, and some new additions to the mix including an equestrian section on the bric-a-brac stall. Come along and join in the fun on Saturday 2nd June from 2pm. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Food and drink – we have lots of delicious choices for eating at the fair, and this year have grouped all the food and drink together around the sun dial so it’s easy to please several different tastes. From tea and cake to curry and beer, with hog roast, burgers, pancakes, strawberries, Pimms and Prosecco in between, it’s all in one place.
2. Parking – there is more limited parking on the green than usual as we have used the space to create a better flow around the fair. Please walk if possible, or car share. Our parking marshalls (who are volunteers by the way) will do their best to direct you to suitable alternatives, but priority will be given to disabled badge holders.
3. Entertainment – we are delighted to welcome Arti The Elf and CBeebies’ Jane Deane from Once Upon a Bus. As well as launching the fair with some family friendly fun in the Centre Ring, they will be commentating throughout the fair. We can’t wait to hear this double act in action!
4. Fun Fair – the Pelhams fun fair continues after the main fair has been cleared away so no need for the fun to stop … You can carry on enjoying the rides until 8pm.
5. Sapphire theme – HM The Queen was crowned 65 years ago, and celebrates her Sapphire jubilee this year. Wear blue … or a tiara … or a crown to join in the theme.
6. Stalls – we have several wonderful community groups running the main stalls and lots of helpers joining in. Hooray, and thank you! Please make sure that everyone on a stall signs in at the pavilion on arrival.
7. Profit share – do you run a local Holyport group? We operate some stalls on a profit share basis so that we all benefit. Local schools, clubs and activities are all eligible. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss this for your group next year.
8. Community clear up – the fabulous Holyport Litterati will be doing the rounds with litter pickers, rubber gloves and rubbish sacks. Did you know they do this once a month out of the goodness of their own hearts, just to help keep our village looking beautiful. Join them on Sunday at 11am on the green to help clear up after the fair.
10. Fair team – fancy joining in next year? The fair team includes people with a variety of different skills and needs more! You can be a Friend of the Fair without coming to any meetings. You can simply step in as needed. If you’d be willing to be contacted by us next year, go along to the Grand Draw tent or sign up online here.